Sometimes people say things so clearly, there’s no need for me to reinvent it. Check out this list. Then get to work on living your best life!
Yeah, yeah, yeah, it’s been a while. Johnny Rocket’s head is probably exploding. Some big changes in my life, which I will blog about sometime this weekend. In the meantime, here’s a few things you can do while you wait for more Moxie brilliance.
1. Read this blog. I found Dumb Little Man via Blogspot’s little “Blogs of Note” feature, and now I am hooked. They include all these lists and links to sites with information on how to make your life easier. I like easy. I also like Sunday morning.
2. Think about doing your taxes, if you haven’t done them yet. That’s what I’ve been doing for a few weeks now, especially since I discovered I would owe a good bit of money. I don’t know which is worse: owing money in taxes, or getting a big refund only to realize that the Feds didn’t pay interest on the money they borrowed from you for a whole stinkin’ year.
3. Donate 10% of your tax refund to charity, if you have your refund check already. Have you heard of the 10 Percent Solution? I haven’t completely followed this practice, to be honest, but I love the simplicity of it.
4. Eat some Easter candy. My favorite Easter candy is a Reese’s peanut butter egg. Soft, chewy jelly beans, like Starburst jelly beans or the speckled pastel ones, are also good. I’m not a huge fan of chocolate bunnies – usually the chocolate is poor quality and life is too short to eat nasty plastic-tasting chocolate. Unless you’re PMSing something fierce.
5. Support your neighborhood retailers. Give the mom-and-pop shops some love by buying from them. Yeah, their prices might be higher than Wal-Mart, but that’s because they have a higher overhead. It won’t kill your wallet to spend $5 there.