This New Moon Tarot Spread is one I began using in early 2020 during my new moon rituals. It is designed to help you discover the seeds that need planting at the time of the new moon.
Shuffle the cards and cut the deck as many times as you feel you need. As you shuffle, take several deep breaths and center your thoughts on yourself and your desire for deeper knowledge and foresight.
Lay out the cards in rows of 3 cards each.
1. Where you are right now
2. What influences you
3. What you have released since the last new moon
4. What “seeds” (your goals and plans) need to be planted
5. How you can nurture the growth of these seeds (your goals and plans)
6. Other resources that are available to you during this cycle
Tips on Making the Most of Your Reading
- Write it down. I like to record my readings in my journal, adding any notes or interpretations on the reading in a contrasting ink color. Before I begin the reading, I write down my current state of mind.
- Take your time. Schedule a time to do your reading when you won’t be disturbed. I find that my new moon readings can be done within 24-48 hours of the new moon being exact and I still get a very insightful reading.
- Focus your energy. Turn off your phone, music, TV, etc. Sit silently for several minutes before you do your reading. If you do any other ritual work with moon cycles, include the reading as part of your practice.
If you found this Tarot spread useful, please consider making a donation to support the site.